Friday, January 7, 2011

Community Service P.A.D.S ( 3 hours )

Yesterday I did my final hours at St.Mary of Vernon with P.a.D.S. I was exited to volunteer and help the homeless get a nice dinner and a place to sleep. The first thing we did was set up mats for the people to sleep on. We had to put sheets and a pillow on the bed. Then we organized clothes that the homeless could take for free. I was surprised how much clothes the church had to give out; there were boxes of t-shirts, socks, gloves, etc. By then the homeless bus showed up and in came all the homeless people. As I looked at them I noticed how few of them actually looked homeless. Most of them looked like ordinary people that live in a house and live a normal life. All of the people I talked to were very friendly and nice. Some were pretty funny so it was nice to laugh with them and have a good time. This service opportunity was much more special than the first one I did. Since I was actually in contact with the homeless, I could see how they acted/looked/behaved. I’m really glad I decided to do some hours at p.a.d.s because ive never been around that kind of environment I came out of that service with a good feeling that I actually helped people out and gave back to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment